15 Guiding Principles
STARSHINE 15 GUIDING PRINCIPLES
StarShine's entire ethos is based on engagement rather than rules. The StarShine 15 Guiding Principles are woven throughout all practices, choices and people we choose to have around, even funders and philanthropists have to agree to our Principles as a means of understanding and agreement. The students and parents must sign an agreement that includes the principles, even at the youngest of ages. We think you will also agree.
STARSHINE GUIDING PRINCIPLES:
The StarShine Academy Guiding Principles are the foundation of everything we do, teach and stand for at StarShine Academy. Belief in and living the Principles demonstrates the best understanding of them, and is a requirement for all affiliated with the schools or StarShine involvement.
- Every person born is unique and perfect and on their own road to discovering their dreams and highest calling.
- We are on the planet to help one another toward achieving individual goals for the Greater Good of All.
- We each do the best that we can on each day, depending on what we know and understand, according to Maslow’s Hierarchy.
- Music is the first language.
- Beautiful, safe environments that are clean and include art, music and nature inspire creativity and help to secure man’s sustainability.
- Teaching and learning gardening is a necessary part of becoming one with nature and the environment and is a means for personal health and community building.
- Celebrating local culture and global diversity allows for a rich life.
- Practice Connect versus Convince; Exercise Compassion versus Judgment, Love versus Fear.
- Individuals practice being ambassadors for their own country as well as a country other than their own.
- Co-learning demonstrates that every person is a teacher and every teacher is a student.
- Financial literacy fosters hope, belief and abundance as it facilitates a wise use of assets.
- Partnering and mentoring fosters interdependence toward building common ground, as in “the world agrees on time so everyone can communicate.”
- Holistic explains that each event reinforces all. The pursuit of success and happiness, both individually and collectively, must include body, mind, spirit, health and wealth.
- Leveraging technology facilitates connecting people; personal contact is vital.
- World peace is a result of individual peace.